Our submission window for Issue VIII is now closed. You can expect to hear back from us within three months.
We are looking for short stories, flash fiction, creative nonfiction, and cover artwork all based on the theme of BELONGING.
We especially encourage work from previously unpublished writers who feel it is their time to be heard.
Sonder Magazine is all about bringing different perspectives together. Everyone is wildly and magically different, yet there is still a universality that draws us all together. We are about reflecting those differences and, ultimately, what it is that brings us together.
- We accept one submission per person per category
- Only pieces submitted through the relevant entry form below will be considered
- All submissions should be sent in .doc, .docx or.odt format
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please let us know immediately if your piece is accepted elsewhere
- Please ensure the name of your document is your submission title, eg. [TITLE].doc or [TITLE].docx
- Short story submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Creative nonfiction submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Flash fiction submissions should be no more than 700 words
- There is no limit to cover artwork submissions. Please send your artwork in a .jpg or .jpeg file and the resolution should be 300dpi
- Writers should be previously unpublished, ie. you have not had a book-length project published by a reputable publishing company
- Do not let your name appear in the submission document as all pieces will be read anonymously
Thanks to the generous support of Arts Council Ireland, all contributors this year will receive a complimentary copy and a contribution fee of €300.
You will hear back from us whether your piece is selected for publication or not within three months after the closing date.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the latest updates!