Submissions for Sonder Issue V are now open!
Sonder Magazine is all about bringing different perspectives together. Everyone is wildly and magically different, yet there is still a universality that draws us all together. We are about reflecting those differences and, ultimately, what it is that brings us together.
The theme of this issue is ‘Indulge.’ That’s right. It’s time to treat yourself. Take the theme as loosely as you want. Write whatever it inspires.
We are accepting short stories, poetry, flash fiction, creative nonfiction and artwork for the cover.
- We are accepting one submission per person per category
- In your cover email, please include your full name as you would like it to appear in print, your contact email and the title of your submission.
- All submissions should be sent in .doc or .docx format
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please let us know immediately if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Short story submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Creative nonfiction submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 40 lines
- Flash fiction submissions should be no more than 700 words
- There is no limit on artwork submissions
- Artwork submissions should be sent in jpeg or png format
- Do not let your name appear in the submission document as all pieces will be read anonymously
- Your email subject line should indicate the category you are submitting towards, eg. ‘SHORT STORY SUBMISSION’
- All submissions should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline is 16th May at 6pm. We will be in touch within two months after the deadline whether your piece has been selected for publication or not.
All contributors will receive a contributor’s copy and a small contribution fee.
And lastly, THANK YOU for wanting to submit. It takes a thing of bravery just to read these guidelines. We can’t wait to read your submissions for this issue – ye just keep knocking it out of the park.