Submissions are now closed.
Please keep an eye out online and across our social media channels for the next submissions window.
In the meantime, have a read of Issue IV or subscribe to get access to older issues.
Sonder Magazine is all about bringing different perspectives together. Everyone is wildly and magically different, yet there is still a universality that draws us all together. We are about reflecting those differences and, ultimately, what it is that brings us together.
We accept short stories, poetry, flash fiction, creative nonfiction and artwork for the cover.
- We accept one submission per person per category
- In your cover email, please include your full name as you would like it to appear in print, your contact email and the title of your submission.
- All submissions should be sent in .doc or .docx format
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please let us know immediately if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Short story submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Creative nonfiction submissions should be between 1,000-2,500 words
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 40 lines
- Flash fiction submissions should be no more than 700 words
- There is no limit on artwork submissions
- Artwork submissions should be sent in jpeg or png format
- Do not let your name appear in the submission document as all pieces will be read anonymously
- Your email subject line should indicate the category you are submitting towards, eg. ‘SHORT STORY SUBMISSION’
All contributors will receive a contributor’s copy and a small contribution fee.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the latest updates!